Capitol Tech Solutions is looking for a Junior Software Engineer for a fast growing web solution and consulting company.You will be a member of our development team in a highly fast pace and cutting edge environment.As a member of our team, you will gain valuable technical experience and be faced with challenging and unique problems.Applicants with the ability to demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills are desired.
You will be an employee with Capitol Tech Solutions focused on a contract project for our School Information Systems client, with the opportunity to move onto other projects within the firm.With that contract, you will work with a team responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Regulatory Compliance consisting of both data collection and reporting.
- Work with senior staff and colleagues to master client school information system.
- Gather and refine requirements; develop designs; implement, test and document solutions.
- Work in a professional setting with business analysts, and project, product and development managers to implement features for Pearson School System customers.
- Learn new technologies, work with standard J2EE technologies, and utilize software best practices to design data structures, build and customize webpages and build reports.
- Build and maintain complex aggregate and detailed extract reports using a combination of our reporting engine scripting language, XML, SQL and GUI-based reporting tools.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems OR equivalent degree, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4 point scale).
- Documented course work or previous job experience with Java and SQL required; course work with C# a strong plus. Familiarity with XML, HTML.
- Ability to multitask and be involved in several different concurrent projects.
- Demonstrable software development portfolio from extracurricular development projects.
Capitol Tech Solutions is one of the 10 fastest growing companies in Sacramento.CTS specializes in providing complete technical solutions for firms and organizations throughout Northern California. CTS has provided custom solutions for several industries, including politics, non-profits, associations, PACs, small businesses, and School Information Systems companies.We exist in a fast pace and dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, and are looking for new team members that bring a similar passion. To find out more, visit our website at www.capitoltechsolutions.com. Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org